With per- and polyfluoroalkyl substances (PFAS) rapidly developing as contaminants of concern worldwide, new guidelines and regulations being rolled out, and an increasingly level of public awareness, environmental professionals need to have an understanding about these “forever chemicals”. The Introduction to Per- and Polyfluoroalkyl Substances provides a solid introduction, covering the following topics:
– What are PFAS?
– Where do PFAS come from?
– Why are PFAS ‘Contaminants of Concern’
– Applications and Uses
– Best Practices for Firefighting Foam
– PFAS Release Scenarios
– Emergency Response Involving PFAS
– Regulation and Guidance
– Impacts to the Environment and Human Health
– PFAS Chemistry and Properties
– Fate, Transport and Persistence in the Environment
– Detection – Laboratory Analysis and Field Screening
– Sample Collection & Considerations
– Remediation Approaches and Strategies
– Stakeholder Consultation